Decades ago, a delicious plate of food often meant a meal prepared from scratch with only the freshest ingredients and the most exotic flavours. This perfect meal would take hours and a certain amount of skill to prepare and would be worth the wait in the end. That’s how a perfect meal decades ago would have been described. Today, however, with the age of super-speed internet and express flights, convenience and good food can easily go hand in hand. The by-products of this are ready to eat and frozen food products.
While they sound similar, ready to eat and frozen food products are quite different in actuality. What ties them together is that these are both convenient forms of consuming tasty food that is preferred by the modern-day customer.
What is ready to eat food?
Commonly found in grocery stores, ready to eat food products are pre-made products will all ingredients already mixed. These require either heat or hot water to be added and, in a few minutes, they are fully ready to be consumed! Food innovation has made traditional dishes like Upma, Biryani, Paneer Butter Masala and more can be easily found in ready to eat forms. These products generally promise delectable taste and no cooking required. Along with savoury items such as curries and rice, today even traditional Indian sweets can be consumed easily with instant sweets such as ready to eat halwa, and more!
What is frozen food?
Frozen foods on the other hand are fruits, vegetables and dishes chosen at their freshest to be frozen and extremely low temperatures so as to retain their freshness for a long time. Frozen vegetables such as corn, beans, carrots, cauliflower etc is some of the most common frozen food found in a supermarket. One can thaw these and use them to quickly whip up a delightful dish. The convenience factor in frozen vegetables comes from the fact that it is pre-cleaned and chopped veggies, which is a blessing for those who are short on time when it comes to cooking meals.
Frozen vegetables and frozen seafood etc are also preferred as they are extremely helpful for those who plan their meals in advance. Meal planning and preparation become easy when you have wholesome ingredients ready, cleaned and chopped. In many countries many fully prepared meals are frozen and sold in stores for people to buy, thaw, heat and consume.
Advantages of using ready to eat and frozen food products:
- Contrary to popular opinion that ready to eat foods and frozen foods are unhealthy, many products today contain no harmful conservatives or artificial ingredients. Hence making them a wholesome food option.
- Since they are easy to use, even people who are unskilled at cooking can prepare delicious foods in no time thanks to such food products.
- Such products are reliable to be used for those with hectic schedules who cannot go for frequent grocery runs or spend excessive time in the kitchen to prepare food.
- Ready to Eat foods and frozen foods are generally restaurant-style items which many users might not know to make at home. These products provide an easy option for eating delicious food from the comfort of your home.
- Lastly, such items are perfect for the days when you are travelling to new places with minimal amenities. These products are also a great change if you are tired of eating home food and need a change!
The next time you are running late or planning to travel or simply at the grocery store, make sure to pick up a few ready to eat products and frozen food products as they will only make food more accessible and convenient for you!