Shrimp tempura is one of the most popular Japanese dishes, and it’s no wonder why. The combination of crispy fried shrimp and a light, sweet sauce is simply irresistible. If you’re looking for an affordable and delicious seafood option, you can’t go wrong with shrimp tempura from Costco. The Kirkland Signature brand offers a great value for your money, and the shrimp tempura is perfect for a quick and easy meal. Whether you’re looking for an appetizer or a main course, shrimp tempura is a great option that will leave you satisfied.
This tempura shrimp from Costco is some of the best we’ve ever had. The shrimp are perfectly cooked – not too mushy or overcooked – and the tempura batter is light and crispy. This dish is typically made from fresh, wild-caught by coating shrimp in a light batter and deep fried them to perfection until they’re crispy and golden brown. The sweet sauce is the perfect finishing touch. It’s served with a sweet and savory dipping sauce such as soy sauce or tonkatsu sauce, making it the perfect treat for any occasion, It can also be served over rice or noodles.
Is it Healthy Eating Shrimp tempura?
Shrimp tempura is a delicious and healthy seafood option. The shrimp are a good source of
- Protein and omega-3 fatty acids- which are beneficial for heart health, making it a healthier choice than other fried seafood options.
- Selenium – a mineral that plays a role in thyroid function and immune health.
- Vitamin D – a nutrient that is important for bone health.
- Calorie Level – The tempura batter is low in calories.
How to Make Shrimp Tempura:
Making shrimp tempura is easy and only requires a few simple ingredients. First, you’ll need to gather your ingredients: fresh shrimp, tempura batter mix, and oil for frying. You can find tempura batter mix at most Asian markets or online. Once you have your ingredients, simply follow these steps:
- Peel and clean the shrimp, then rinse them under cold water.
- Pat the shrimp dry with paper towels.
- In a large bowl, mix together the tempura batter mix according to the package instructions.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Dip the shrimp in the tempura batter, then carefully add them to the hot oil.
- Fry the shrimp until they’re golden brown and crispy, about 2-3 minutes in batches to avoid overcrowding the pan and to ensure that each shrimp is cooked evenly.
- Remove the shrimp from the oil with a slotted spoon and drain them on paper towels.
- Serve the shrimp tempura with your favorite dipping sauce.
Whether you’re looking for a delicious appetizer or a hearty main course, shrimp tempura from Costco is a great option. The Kirkland Signature Tempura Shrimp offers a great value for your money, and the shrimp tempura is perfect for a quick and easy meal. With its crispy fried shrimp and light, sweet sauce, shrimp tempura is sure to please everyone at the table.